Sunday, September 6, 2009

Coffee Talk

"I want to still be me when I wake up one fine morning and have breakfast at Tiffany's..." ~ Holly Golightly

You aren't a real New Yorker unless you own a Zabar's mug that is usually costs a buck with any coffee purchase in the store, and you have to be a New Yorker to be crazy enough to purchase Kona style coffee for $8 a pound and then grab a plastic container of Eli's lowfat biscotti for another $8. A New Yorker does this knowing that on the corner bodega you can buy Cafe Bustelo for half the price of the Kona and should be making your own biscotti because its so damn easy to do.

I am drinking coffee right now and staring at the container I use for my pens on my desk - a Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory coffee can I got after bringing it home from Nawlins many years ago. I should not be drinking coffee right now and should not be at my desk since I am going to sleep soon and no amount of caffeine at this point will keep me awake. I literally fell asleep as the sun came up this morning and almost did some serious damage to the man as he threw me out of bed to get ready for my nephew's birthday party just a few hours later. I apologized after a good, solid cup of coffee was in me and my fangs then retracted after having some biscotti flavored with vanilla, raisins, and almonds.

I am awake right now checking out biscotti recipes and listening to some Sinatra and sharing a cool website for the fellow coffeephiles out there: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/coffee/

4 comments:

fishy said...

Yikes... I have a tremendous urge to learn how to make beignets since it is so far to CafeDuMonde. I bet it IS easier to make biscotti.

Huckleberry Friend said...

Fishy - I think I wouldn't attempt it either unless I had a deep fryer. And that powdered sugary goodness after eating a beignet is enough to inspire me to go get one. ;)

darkfoam said...

lordy woman .. ;/
i'm blogging on my laptop in bed getting ready to go to sleep soon ..
and you are making me crave a cup of coffee ..
i have a friend who makes just the best biscotti.

Lady Prism said...

Whooohooo! Oh, it's you! It's you! I don't think I have ever told you how much I enjoyed your posts. I wrote a letter once, meaning to send it, but I thought it too mushy cheeky and deleted.

I wrote about how,I...well...wasn't really a New York fan. I didn't like looking at pics of New York or read anything about it. Somebody who was once very very important to me left me for that place....long story of a bygone era...

BUT...since reading your posts, I couldn't help but get enamored. And now I look at it through different eyes.

Someday soon, I am sure I will be able to visit your city for real.

Till then..I will get my pretty fill from here. :D